Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nabi as the modern day mom and pop store...

Nabi customer Service ROCKS! It is days before Christmas, and the staff at Nabi are personally reaching out to consumers who are experiencing problems. What other company does that?

What it reminds me of is the kind of business practices that my grandparents talked about but which I haven't seen in my nearly 40 yrs of life until now. My grandparents, Marcel and Alice Olivier would describe buying products from local mom and pop type businesses where they bought a good product, for a fair price and KNEW that there was always someone they could reach if there was a problem. This sort of business practice has disappeared in favor of chain stores, outsourcing customer service and a general malaise toward caring what the consumer thinks....

I always liked hearing these stories from my grandparents and I liked to picture a simpler time where business was about more than the almighty dollar and where customer service actually mattered. I never experienced this kind of business practice myself and I figured that I wouldn't.

Enter Nabi. What I know of the company is based on their actions since the product has been released and here's what I have seen:

Fast, above and beyond courteous response to consumers

A willingness to change plans to release more Nabi's to the market to an earlier date (which surely means a lot more work on their part) to meet consumer demand

A desire to "make it right" even if that means cost to them (sending people tablets to replace the ones they have that aren't working properly simply so that folks have them in time for xmas when it would be perfectly understandable if Nabi said they were sorry but they'd have to take 2-3 weeks to deal with the problem)

Communication from a US based company, with executive level customer service folks contacting consumers via facebook, email and encouraging consumers to contact them as needed.

I could go on and on, but suffice to say, Nabi has given me hope that in a modern day world of Bernie Maddoff's, high unemployment, economic depression, foreclosures hitting all stratta of society, and a general sense that moral and ethics and integrity have fallen by the wayside in most businesses and business practices... Well, Nabi has shown that the mom and pop way of doing business still exists and I think that I love that aspect of this company perhaps even a bit more than its product (and I LOVE the product).

As corny as this may sound, thank you Nabi for restoring my faith that the business practices of the past that my grandparents spoke fondly about, are practices that haven't been forgotten by all.

I am a strong believer that how we behave, what we do that can't be measured, our integrity etc... all MUST play a role in our day to day lives. I want my children to grow up with a sense of social justice and a desire to improve the world just a little bit if they can. And Nabi is a company that I can point to and show them as an example of how you can make a living and do the right thing and be a pillar of integrity in the business world.

Thank you Nabi...

No comments:

Post a Comment