Monday, January 23, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwich (not the kind you're thinking) & Nabi

Nabi just announced on their facebook page that a late March/early April 2012 software update will update the OS on Nabi from the current Android 2.3 to Android 4.0, affectionately known as Ice Cream Sandwich.


The name alone intrigued me (who doesn't jump at the word "ice cream sandwich"?) and not being an Android user prior to Nabi I wanted to explore what 4.0 vs 2.3 meant (other than a 1.7 difference in numbers).


After some google searces, cnet.com reading etc I feel better educated and very excited about the prospect of having 4.0 installed on my girls Nabi's in just a few months.

The current Nabi, as it stands right now is loved by my girls and I would have been perfectly content with it remaining as it is, but the improvements that Android 4.0 will bring are sure to turn this unique, kid friendly, amazing tablet into a whole other hemisphere.  Sorry competition, it looks like Nabi is blowing every other "kid tablet" away!


I think that the addition of 4.0 will make this tablet something that parents covet even more than before and kids might find their parents trying to take over the Nabi more and more frequently for their own enjoyment!


My overall assessment is that much like the updates on the Apple OS (that I am a little familiar with from having a phone and Mac computer), 4.0 Android is the latest and greatest in the Android family.  While I have been a committed Apple fan for my phone and computer for many years, my experience with the girls Nabi's and using Android on them has made me a fan of Android and I can't wait to use a Nabi once it's operating on 4.0!


The highlights that Ice Cream Sandwich offers are outlined in depth in this link below:


https://developer.android.com/sdk/android-4.0-highlights.html#UserFeatures

2 comments:

  1. There’s lot of tablet PC for kids available in the market,but I think most people could not know that Nabi tablet pc is the world's first Android tablet(volkkauf) made specifically for the child,through this tablet your child can browse,watch movies,watching favorite TV shows,read books,studied mathematics and the other where all the comtent tailored to the needs of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nabi just announced on their facebook page that a late March/early April 2012 software update will update the OS on Nabi from the current ... nkidstablet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete